Monday, November 5, 2012

Frogs & Snails & Puppy-dogs' Tails

Where do I even begin? I have put this blog post off for so long because SO much time had passed that the whole idea of writing something, reconnecting, seemed quite overwhelming to say the least. But I have to start somewhere, it’s time to get back on track... so here I am.
Hello... how have you been? Me, how am I, you ask? After I left you hanging with the announcement of my pregnancy, and then nothing?!?! (I’m so sorry!) I am fine thank you. Actually, I am more than fine. I am over the freaking moon.
In July, I gave birth to our baby boy and our lives have not been the same since. Husband and I have fallen in love all over again with this new little person. But it’s a deeper kind of love that I never would have expected. It’s this from-the-deepest-part-of-my-soul-my-being love.
And can we please talk about the fact that we had a BOY?!?! I was half convinced we were having a girl because, well, I'm a girl! (makes sense, no?) AND according to my girlfriend and a tried and true "wives tale" – all of the hair on my body had stopped growing, literally, my freakishly hairy arms were bare and the gorgeous "pregnant hair" I was anticipating just sat stunted on top of my head – this my friends meant I was having a girl! 
But since my Son's Birth Day I have been consumed with nothing but thoughts and dreams of jumping in puddles, Blue Jays baseball, hockey leagues and basically all things blue (yes, I know that's not necessarily only "boy stuff" but right now, for me, it is). Seriously! And I absolutely love it. This is a surprise to me only because I’m quite girly - but from the first day I jumped on the band wagon and have not looked back. Ugh, pink schmink!
So I guess this is my re-introduction. Here we are, at three and a half months of age. Son is napping peacefully and I’m ready to get back on board with what I love... What better time than now to just Stop? Breathe. Take it all in. 
If I could freeze a moment in time it would be the feeling of my Son breathing, sleeping, cooing in the nape of my neck. To me, this is Life, this is my oxygen, my being now and forever. And you? What makes you want to stop the hands of time, to appreciate Love and Life?

Enjoy the journey... S




1 comment: