Monday, August 8, 2011

"Honey, we're going vegan!"

Those were the exact words straight from my husbands mouth not 2 weeks ago as he walked in our front door! My same husband who would be happy to eat a steak on Monday, burgers on Tuesday, followed up with Wing Wednesday, spicy chili on Thursday... Don't even get me started on the weekend BBQ-fests

Honestly, I couldn't believe my ears. To this day I wish I'd had a tape recorder, or even taken a photo! Something to commemorate this grand announcement. Where did such an exclamation come from you ask, and how on Earth would anyone be able to convert (and convince) such a "caveman" as my husband?

I'll tell you. 2 words: Bill. Clinton.

Watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqvjCIKoo8M

There's a lot of really great information out there these days, challenging us to look at the way and what we eat in an effort to save our health, our animals, our planet. But I absolutely LOVE that my husband was sold – immediately – on these few minutes of Bill talking... he really is a sweet talker (Monica didn't have a chance!)

In case you're wondering we have not gone totally vegan... instead we've decided to go vegan 4 days a week – Monday to Thursday. Which is still a lot if you knew my husband... and though it may seem like a spec in our grand carbon footprint, imagine if 2 or 200 or 2000 people decided to make that same small change. The "spec" doesn't seem so small now does it...

Whatever you decide to do, big or small, you can make things happen... but you have to do it.

Enjoy the journey... S


No comments:

Post a Comment