Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A few of my favourite things

I hope you had a wonderful looooong Civic Holiday weekend. I know I did. It was complete with some serious cottage time with my Love and my folks up in beautiful Georgian Bay. Just the four of us amongst the Georgian rocks, water, wind and trees. The loons were singing their own songs of summer throughout the nights too. I really don't remember the last time I heard them sing so loud – it was really quite magical. In fact there were a few really great things I did over the weekend that allowed me to unwind and get back to "my roots":
  • paddled my way through the shallow rocky waters with my brand new SUP (stand-up paddle) board... talk about peaceful and adventurous. There's something about going in to parts of the waters where normal boat traffic just can't get to – along with the hot sun and wind at your back...
  • picked wild blueberries with the help of our furry family members – that is something I hadn't stopped to do in years. I felt like a kid all over again – blueberry juice on my bathing suit, fingers and toes
  • read my book... finally... the one that's been sitting on my bedside table all summer. Bossypants by Tina Fey. If you want to laugh and be put in a genuine good mood read this book. She is freaking hilarious... and smart... and pretty... and real... did I say hilarious??
  • enjoyed a really great margarita with my mother – organic even! It was dee-lish, salted rim and all

What kind of wonderfulness did you enjoy this past weekend? Dust off any memories? Create new ones?

Enjoy the journey... S

No comments:

Post a Comment